Sunday, March 7, 2010

NOT DEAD YET - Attitude of Gratitude


NOT DEAD YET – Attitude of Gratitude

NOT DEAD YET is up and running and I must say I’m amazed at the range and diversity of our initial followers.  NOT DEAD YET truly transcends all age, genders, and lifestyles.

NOT DEAD YET has attracted a group of college kids on the East Coast and Extreme Snow Boarders in California.  We’ve heard from military veterans appreciative of their freedom and thankful to be alive.  We’ve heard from Moms that have raised their children and want to get back to school or start a second career. There are also so many people dealing with the toughest financial times they’ve ever faced.  Regardless of the circumstance or obstacle, they all believe The Best is Yet to Come.

The most emotional Not Dead Yet Fans are those that have faced life threatening situations or illnesses.   David Liddy is one of those survivors, you can read his amazing story on the NOT DEAD YET Facebook page Discussion Tab. Another beautiful story came from a lady that lost her brother to cancer.  She said that even though he’s not with us he would have loved the NOT DEAD YET message.

Barbara responded to our first blog,  I’m so grateful for the perspective that comes with age, and the humility to appreciate the vastness of truths yet to be revealed. My favorite quote of late is: If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space!” What’s yours?”  You can read the rest of Barbara’s comments from the first blog on our website.

There have been numerous others that have embraced the NOT DEAD YET theme as their new mantra.  We’re so thankful that this message is inspirational to so many.  That’s what makes this endeavor so enjoyable. There’s a NOT DEAD YET passion waiting to erupt in all of us. 

NOT DEAD YET folks share many common qualities.  One that I’ve noticed is they have an “Attitude of Gratitude”.   There’s something special about people that appreciate what they have.  I read somewhere that the healthiest human emotion is not love but gratitude.  It actually increases your immunities.  It makes you more resistant to stress and less susceptible to illness.  People who are grateful are happy.  But people who are ungrateful are miserable because nothing makes them happy.  They’re never satisfied. It’s never good enough.
So if you cultivate the attitude of gratitude, of being thankful in everything, it reduces stress in your life. 

I enjoy collecting positive affirmations.  Here’s on I received this week that I wanted to share with you.  Enjoy.

I am Thankful:  For the wife who says its hot dogs tonight, because she’s is home with me, and not out with someone else.

For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato, because he is home with me and not out at the bars.

For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes because it means she is at home, not on the streets.

For the taxes I pay because it means I’m employed
For the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.

For all the complaining I hear about the government because it means we have freedom of speech.
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning because it means, I AM ALIVE.

Live well, Laugh often, & Love with all of your heart!  

Do you have an Attitude of Gratitude?  What are you thankful for?

Thanks for reading and Please continue to share the NOT DEAD YET MESSAGE.  Optimism & Hope are contagious.

No comments: